Setup PPTP Server in MikroTik CHR
- Create or change a ppp profile
- Create user /ppp secret
- Attach a specific remote address for each user and show the route for their LAN
- Enable the server and set the appropriate profile
- Create an empty bridge and attach a local address to it.
PPTP SERVER SETUP
Install and setup User-Manager:
- Install the user-manager package if it is not already installed.
- You may need to upgrade your RouterOS Software on CHR.
- Configure the user-manager for your users/clients and billing scheme
- Add remote site routers to the user-manager with the IP address specified in their PPP secret
Install and setup dude server:
- Install dude server
- Configure Dude to accept remote connection
- Connect with Dude from any client using the public Assigned IP address from AWS.
- Add devices to dude using the PPTP assigned addresses and the remote LAN addresses
Setup Remote Site Router:
- Setup Connection to internet on remote site router
- Setup hotspot and PPPoE as required
- Configure PPTP — client
- Setup radius client to connect to server over PPTP link IP address
- Configure Hotspot/PPPoE to use-radius. Set interim update.
Pptp - Clients connect:
Install Dude client locally:
Access the corporate file server from another remote site:
- Add a route to the remote site router for the corporate LAN via the pptp tunnel
- Also add a route to the corporate office router for the remote Site LAN via the pptp tunnel
- If you do not have access to the remote site LAN, you can simply masquerade everything going out through the pptp-client interface of the remote site router, hence the route from the corporate router will not be required
If you have issues setting it up kindly drop a comment on any issues you are facing or go to the forum and post your questions there.
Optionally you can add videos from Youtube or Vimeo to your tutorial