Setup PPTP Server in MikroTik CHR
- Create or change a ppp profile
- Create user /ppp secret
- Attach a specific remote address for each user and show the route for their LAN
- Enable the server and set the appropriate profile
- Create an empty bridge and attach a local address to it.
PPTP SERVER SETUP
Install and setup User-Manager:
- Install the user-manager package if it is not already installed.
- You may need to upgrade your RouterOS Software on CHR.
- Configure the user-manager for your users/clients and billing scheme
- Add remote site routers to the user-manager with the IP address specified in their PPP secret
Install and setup dude server:
- Install dude server
- Configure Dude to accept remote connection
- Connect with Dude from any client using the public Assigned IP address from AWS.
- Add devices to dude using the PPTP assigned addresses and the remote LAN addresses
Setup Remote Site Router:
- Setup Connection to internet on remote site router
- Setup hotspot and PPPoE as required
- Configure PPTP — client
- Setup radius client to connect to server over PPTP link IP address
- Configure Hotspot/PPPoE to use-radius. Set interim update.
Pptp - Clients connect:
Install Dude client locally:
Access the corporate file server from another remote site:
- Add a route to the remote site router for the corporate LAN via the pptp tunnel
- Also add a route to the corporate office router for the remote Site LAN via the pptp tunnel
- If you do not have access to the remote site LAN, you can simply masquerade everything going out through the pptp-client interface of the remote site router, hence the route from the corporate router will not be required
If you have issues setting it up kindly drop a comment on any issues you are facing or go to the forum and post your questions there.
Optionally you can add videos from Youtube or Vimeo to your tutorial
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.